Information on Entrance Examinations
Welcome to our website for information on entrance examinations.
This website shows the necessary information on GSFS entrance examinations.
[Important] For those who are applying
Applications must be submitted online.
If you have any questions, please check "6. FAQs" at the bottom of this page.
- Scholarships that can be applied for at the same time as applying for entrance exams (International students only) (Updated on May 16)
- For those who need to enter Japan to take the GSFS entrance examination Ver.2 (Updated on May 27)
- UTokyo International Students Accommodations for October 2022 move-ins (Deadline: June 24, 2022, JST17:00) (Updated on May 30)
[To those who have applied for Entrance Examination Schedule A]
●Please refrain from inquiring whether your online application has been accepted or not, as we are currently checking them in order. (Updated on June 10)
●Please check your registered e-mail address as we will contact you individually if we have any problems with your application. (Updated on June 10)
●If you have any questions regarding the Entrance Examinations, please contact us through the admissions inquiry form, NOT by phone or email.
Inquiry form: https: https://forms.office.com/r/qHAtjRfLW0
●Before contacting us, please check "6. FAQs" on the Graduate School Admissions page.
● [NEW!]If you are a foreign national residing abroad and have applied to a department that conducts entrance examinations at the Kashiwa Campus, we have sent you an email on June 17 (JST) with the subject "[Important Notice from GSFS, UTokyo] Temporary Visitor's visa for the entrance examination" to the email address registered on the Online Application Site. Please confirm that you have received the information on how to apply for a Temporary Visitor's visa for the entrance examination. (Updated on June 17)
*My Page Registration and Online Application Registration will be available from May 20, 2022.
May 20 (Fri) to 26 (Thu), 2022, at 23:00 (Japan Standard Time) (Special Oral Exam)
June 9 (Thu) to 15(Wed), 2022, at 23:00 (Japan Standard Time) (Schedule A)
November 15(Tue) to 21 (Mon), 2022, at 23:00 (Japan Standard Time) (Schedule B)
The novel coronavirus infection is expanding and if the situation deteriorates, the entrance examination this year might not be conducted as the way written in the Guideline for Applicants.
We would like to ask you to visit the website regularly both the graduate school and the department you are willing to enroll and check the updated information regarding the entrance examination.
1. Guidelines for Applicants and Entrance Examination Guides
1-1. Guidelines to Master Course
(Ordinary Examination, Special Selection for Applicants with Overseas Education)
1-2. Guidelines to Doctor Course
1-3. Entrance Examination Guides / Application / Documents Information
Please get the information of entrance examination, application form, and check sheet from the web page of entrance examination for department. (Clicking on the name of the department will take you to the entrance examination page for that department.)
For application documents, submission method, deadline, etc. for each department, please refer to "Application Documents Information.pdf" of each department.
"Division of Environmental Studies 2023/ Guide to the 2023 Entrance Examination of Master's & Doctoral Courses"←It is common to all environmental studies departments.
2. Briefing sessions on entrance examinations
3. Contacts and inquires
Student Affairs Team
Graduate School of Frontier Sciences
The University of Tokyo
If you have any questions regarding the Entrance Examinations, please contact us using the form below.
Inquiry Form : https://forms.office.com/r/qHAtjRfLW0
- We will reply to your inquiry approximately within three working days.
- Please note that we may not be able to respond to inquiries unrelated to the entrance exam.
- Please check "6. FAQs" on the entrance examination page of our website before making inquiries.
- No inquiries are accepted by phone and/or email for the results of the entrance examinations.