International Liaison

Status of Residence / Visa

Foreign nationals enrolled in the Graduate School of Frontier Sciences as students or researchers need a visa to enter Japan, regardless of the length of their stay. In most cases, submission of a "Certificate of Eligibility" will be required when applying for a visa. A "Certificate of Eligibility" is a document that certifies the type of the activities to be undertaken in Japan, and is applied for by the receiving organization on behalf of the intended entrant to the Immigration Office of the Ministry of Justice. After receiving the "Certificate of Eligibility" from the Ministry of Justice, please present it to the Japanese embassy or consulate in your country to apply for a visa.

*The contents of this page were developed based on a machine translation.