Call for applications: Project Assistant Professor, GSFS, Univ. Tokyo
- Job Opportunities
Call for applications: Project Assistant Professor at the Laboratory of Integrated Biology, Department of Integrated Biosciences, Graduate School of Frontier Sciences, The University of Tokyo
- Position Project Assistant Professor (full-time, non-tenured)
- Contract starting date July 1, 2022
- Contract period Until March 31, 2023
- Renewal of contract In case of renewal, the contract shall be renewed on the day following the expiration date, and every year thereafter. The number of renewals is four, and the maximum period is limited to March 31, 2027 and will not be renewed thereafter.
Criteria for renewal: Budgetary conditions, progress of work, workload at the end of the contract period, work performance, work attitude, health conditions, and other factors will be taken into consideration when making a decision.
- Probationary period 6 months
- Place of employment 5-1-5 Kashiwa-no-ha, Kashiwa, Chiba, Japan
- Affiliation Laboratory of Integrated Biology, Department of Integrated Biosciences, Graduate School of Frontier Sciences, The University of Tokyo
- Duties Project Assistant Professor will conduct molecular and cell biological studies using plants as research materials to investigate epigenetic control mechanisms. He or she will collaborate with Professor Sachihiro Matsunaga and researchers in Laboratory of Integrated Biology, use his or her international experience to educate students and assist with research instruction.
- Eligibility Only those who have obtained a doctoral degree within 10 years. If you have Japanese citizenship, you must have at least one year of research experience overseas after obtaining your doctoral degree.
10.Working time Under the discretionary work system for specialized work, the employee is considered to have worked 7 hours and 45 minutes per day, 5 days per week.
- Days off Sundays, Saturdays, holidays prescribed in the National Holiday
December 29 to January 3 of the following year.
- Paid leave Annual paid holidays and special holiday including condolence holidays. Provided in accordance with the University's regulations.
- Compensation An annual salary system will be applied, ranging from 400,000 yen to 500,000 yen per month, including performance and achievement allowances, and determined in accordance with the University's regulations and based on qualifications, ability, experience, and other factors.
- Other benefits Commuting allowance (if the employee meets the requirements, an amount calculated in accordance with our regulations will be paid)
- Social insurance Enrolled in the Mutual Aid Association of the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology and Unemployment Insurance
- Payday 17th day of each month.
- Application documents The following documents should be sent to the following address (Please write "Application for specially-appointed researcher positions" in red on the envelope.)
(1) Curriculum vitae (download the University's form from the website (http://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/per01/r01_j.html)
(2) Research achievements (Any format is acceptable.)
(3) Reasons for applying, and aspirations and research plans after assuming the position (about 1 A4-size sheet / any format)
*In principle, application materials will not be returned. Please be advised that any personal information obtained by the University through the application documents will be used only for the selection of this staff member.
- Application deadline Must arrive no later than Monday, May 9, 2022
*Close as soon as a suitable candidate is selected.
- Selection method Screening of application documents and interview (interview date will be notified after screening of documents)
- Selection result Will be notified via email or by telephone.
- Contact and delivery address t.takano[at]edu.k.u-tokyo.ac.jp
※Please change [at] to @ when you send e-mail.
Laboratory of Integrated Biology, Dept. Integrated Biosciences, Grad. Sch. Frontier Sciences, The University of Tokyo
5-1-5 Kashiwanoha, Kashiwa, Chiba 277-8562, Japan
Application documents should be sent as attachments to the above e-mail address.
- Recruiter Graduate School of Frontier Sciences, The University of Tokyo
- Others The contents of the recruitment are based on the employment regulations in effect at the time of the commencement of recruitment, and therefore, in the event that the regulations are amended prior to the time of recruitment, the recruitment will be based on the amended regulations. Personal information obtained will not be used for any purpose other than this personnel selection process. The University of Tokyo is promoting diversity, and actively welcomes applications from women and non-Japanese.