【IMPORTANT】Online applications for Special Oral Examination (Master’s Program in the Department of Ocean Technology, Policy, and Environment and the Department of Human and Engineered Environmental Studies)
Applications for the Special Oral Examination for September 2020 and April 2021 intakes are accepted online. Please confirm required application documents with the Document Checklist in the entrance examination guide downloadable from the website of the department which you are applying to. 2. Application Form, Photo ID Ticket A, Photo ID Ticket B, Examination Admission Ticket, and Form to Attach Payment Certificate are downloadable from this website. Those who already have requested and obtained the hard-copy of application forms also must apply online.
●From Thursday, May 21 to 23:59, Wednesday, May 27, 2020
All documents listed in the Document Checklist of the entrance examination guide of the department which you are applying to must be submitted electronically. Hand-writing documents and/or certificates are also to be submitted by scanned copies and/or digital photos.
※Please read carefully the Special Oral Examination Applicant Manual , and complete the following steps.
- Step1： Access the URL in the Special Oral Examination Applicant Manual, and complete the registration of basic information.
This registration is accepted before the application period.
Please complete the registration well in advance since it is a simple registration that requires to enter your name, email address, and desired department.
- Step2: After entering the basic information, an invitation email will be sent to the registered email address. Click on the URL of the invitation email to open the account information registration screen. Determine and enter your login ID and Password, enter your Name, and click “Register”. Make a note of your Login ID and Password not to forget.
Please contact the Student Affairs Team at k-kyomu[at]adm.k.u-tokyo.ac.jp ※ if you do not receive an invitation email within three working days (except Saturdays and Sundays) after the registration of basic information.
※ Please change [at] to @ when you send e-mail.
- Step3: After the registration, your application folder will be crated. Upload your application documents to the folder in accordance with the Guidelines for Applicants Ver.2 and the entrance examination guide. Uploaded application documents will be listed on the top of the screen. Confirm if all application documents are uploaded successfully.
- Step4: You application folder is accessible from the URL on page 5 of the Special Oral Examination Applicant Manual with your login ID and passport, and uploaded application documents can be deleted and/or added within the application period.
＊If there are any missing and/or incomplete documents in your uploaded application documents, Student Affairs Team will contact you at your registered email by May 29, 2020. Please follow their instructions and submit the requested documents immediately.
4.Application Documents to be sent by post or courier
After completing Step 3, the following application documents listed in the Table 3 of the Guidelines for Applicants Ver. 2 must be sent in hard-copy to Student Affairs Team by post or courier.
- (1)University Application Form (printout of the online application form is acceptable)
- (5)Form to Attach Payment Certificate
- (6)Original copy of transcript for undergraduate and/or graduate program
- (7)Original copy of diploma or certificate of graduation/completion for undergraduate and/or graduate program (required for those who have graduated from the university at the time of application)
- (10)Certificate of residence (required only for non-Japanese nationals residing in Japan)
Please write “Application for Special Oral Examination” in red on the front side of envelope, put the documents listed above in the envelope, and mail to:
Student Affairs Team Graduate School of Frontier Sciences The University of Tokyo 5-1-5 Kashiwanoha, Kashiwa-shi Chiba, 277-8561, Japan