|Yasuhiro Matsumura / Visiting Professor / Division of Biosciences|
Department of Integrated Biosciences / / Development of drug delivery system in cancer chemotherapy.Development of early diagnosis method of cancer|
1975-1981 : MD student, Kumamoto University Medical School|
1981-1982 : Trainee, First Department of Surgery, Kumamoto University Medical School.
1982-1983 : Trainee, Department of Surgery, Saiseikai Kumamoto Hospital
1983-1984 : Trainee, Department of Surgery, Kyushyu Memorial Hospital
1984-1988 : Postgraduate student, Department of Microbiology, Kumamoto University Medical School
1988-1989 : Assistant Professor, Department of Microbiology, Kumamoto University Medical School
1989-1990 : Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Neoplastic Diseases, Mount Sinai Medical Center.
1990-1993 : Postdoctoral Fellow, Nuffield Department of Pathology, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford University.
1993-1994 : Senior Clinical Research Scientist, Nuffield Department of Pathology John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford University.
1994-1999 : Staff Physician, Department of Medicine, National Cancer Center Hospital.
1999-2002 : Head, Department of Medicine, National Cancer Center Hospital.
2002-present : Chief, Investigative Treatment Division, Research Center for Innovative Oncology, National Cancer Center Hospital East.
Graduate schoolFEthics for Science and Technology|
Medical Department: Basic, Clinical, and Social Medicine
Other University: Tokyo Women's Medical College, Biomedical Curriculum
Investigation of cancer induced blood coagulation|
Development of cancer stromal targeting (CAST) therapy by cytotoxic immunoconjugate against fibrin
Preclinical and clinical studies of drug delivery system
Development of a new diagnosis method for early stage cancer based on an automatic cytology
1. Y. Matsumura, H. Maeda. A new concept for macromolecular therapeutics in cancer chemotherapy: Mechanism of tumoritropic accumulation of proteins and the antitumor agent smancs. Cancer Res. 46, 6387-6392, 1986
2. Y. Matsumura, D. Tarin. DNA fingerprinting survey of various human tumors and their metastasis. Cancer Res. 52, 2174-2179, 1992
3. Y. Matsumura, D. Tarin. Significance of CD44 gene products for cancer diagnosis and disease evaluation. Lancet 340, 1053-1058, 1992
4. Y. Matsumura, M. Gotoh, K .Muro, Y. Yamada, K. Shirao, Y. Shimada, M. Okuwa, S. Matsumoto, Y. Miyata, H. Ohkura, K. Chin, S. Baba, T. Yamao, A. Kannami, Y. Takamatsu, K. Ito, K. Takahashi. Phase I and Pharmacokinetic Study of MCC-465, a doxorubicin (DXR) encapsulated in PEG-immunoliposome, in patients with metastatic stomach cancer. Annals Oncol 15, 517-525, 2004
5. H Matsushita, Y Matsumura, Y Moriya, T Akasu, S Fujita, S Yamamoto, S Onouchi, N Saito, M Sugito, M Ito, T Kozu, T Minowa, S Nomura, H Tsunoda, T Kakizoe. A new methodology for isolating colonocytes from naturally evacuated feces and its clinical application to colorectal cancer diagnosis. Gastroenterology 129, 1918-1927, 2005
6. Y Matsumura. Preclinical and clinical studies of NK012, an SN-38-incorporating polymeric micelles, which is designed based on EPR effect. Adv Drug Deliv Rev, 63(3), 184-192, 2011
7. Y Koga, M Yasunaga, A Takahashi, J Kuroda, Y Moriya, T Akasu, S Fujita, S Yamamoto, H Baba, Y Matsumura. MicroRNA Expression Profiling of Exfoliated Colonocytes Isolated from Feces for Colorectal Cancer Screening. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 3(11), 1435-1442, 2010
8. T Hamaguchi, T Doi, T Eguchi-Nakajima1, K Kato, Y Yamada, Y Shimada, N A Ohtsu, S Matsumoto, M Takanashi, Y Matsumura. Phase I Study of NK012, a Novel SN-38-Incorporating Micellar Nanoparticle, in Adult Patients with Solid Tumors. Clin Cancer Res. 16(20), 5058-5066, 2010
9. Y Koga, M Yasunaga, A Takahashi, J Kuroda, Y Moriya, T Akasu, S Fujita, S Yamamoto, H Baba, Y Matsumura. MicroRNA Expression Profiling of Exfoliated Colonocytes Isolated from Feces for Colorectal Cancer Screening. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 3(11),
10. T Hamaguchi, T Doi, T Eguchi-Nakajima1, K Kato, Y Yamada, Y Shimada, N Fuse, A Ohtsu, S Matsumoto, M Takanashi, Y Matsumura. Phase I Study of NK012, a Novel SN-38-Incorporating Micellar Nanoparticle, in Adult Patients with Solid Tumors. Clin Cancer Res. 16(20), 5058-5066, 2010
11. M Yasunaga, S Manabe, D Tarin, Y Matsumura. Cancer-stroma targeting therapy by cytotoxic immunoconjugate bound to the collagen 4 network in the tumor tissue. Bioconjug Chem, 22(9), 1776-1783, 2011
A board of directors, Japan society of drug delivery system|
A councilor, Japanese cancer association
A councilor, Japanese society of medical oncology
A councilor, Japan society of clinical oncology
Japanese society of internal medicine
Japanese society of gastroenterology
Japanese society for medical and biological engineering
American society of clinical oncology
American association for cancer research
Clinical application of the 2nd generation of DDS developed by us|
Establishment of a new cancer diagnosis system
|Messages to Students|
Life is tough and we will die.|