Issuing Various Documents
GSFS Student Affairs Team office hours have been changed from December 1, 2021.
Office opening hours : from 10:00am to 12：00pm / from 1:00pm to 4:00pm on Weekdays
*Requests cannot be submitted over the phone or by e-mail.
Documents can be requested in the following ways:
- Use of Automated Certification Machine (only for Certificate of Enrollment, Certificate of Expected Program Completion (This certificate is available for master's students in the 2nd year and doctoral students who have submitted their doctoral thesis in simple binding from the day after submission.), Academic Transcript (in Japanese only), and Student Discount Certificate for Train Fares)
- In person at Student Affairs Team (It takes several days to issue the certificate. *Please refer to the Processing Time.*)
- Postal mail
- Fax (only in cases where requested documents will be picked up in person at Student Affairs Team)
Requests Via Postal Mail
Send the following to the address listed below.
(1) Certificate Request Form
(2) Self-addressed stamped envelope
(3) Copy of Student ID Card (For those who have graduated, a copy of government-issued identification will suffice.)
If you are outside Japan and cannot get Japanese postal stamps, enclose International Reply Coupons instead.
ZIP code 277-8561
Student Affairs Team
Graduate School of Frontier Sciences
The University of Tokyo
"In case of difficulty downloading the form"
Please send a sheet of paper with the following information:
- Name (in Japanese and Roman block capitals)
- Date of Birth
- Date of Matriculation / Enrollment (Month and Year)
- Date of (Expected) Graduation / Date of Withdrawal (Month and Year)
- Program(Master's, PhD)
- Student Identification Number
- Address (Be sure to include postal code and apartment name, if applicable.)
- Daytime Telephone Number
- E-mail Address
- Type of document being requested (e.g. Academic Transcript, Certificate of Program Completion)
- Language (Japanese, English)
- Number of copies requested
- Sealed or not sealed (Documents will be sealed only if requested.)
- Reason for request
- Where to send requested documents
Requests In Person
When requesting documents in person at Student Affairs Team, look for, complete, and submit the Certificate Request Form.
"Days" Monday - Friday (excludes Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays, year-end and New Year holidays, and summer holidays)
"Hours" 10 AM - 12 AM,1 PM - 4 PM
"Location" Student Affairs Team, Graduate School of Frontier Sciences (First Floor, Transdisciplinary Sciences Building, Kashiwa Campus)
Japanese---Documents are ready in 2 days after requests are received (excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays).
English---Documents are ready in 7-10 days after requests are received (excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays). (The above times apply when requests are received in person at Student Affairs Team.)
*Requests via postal mail will require additional processing time, so allow plenty of time for processing.