1987: Graduated from Faculty of Medicine (University of Tokyo) |
1992: Research fellow, Department of Biochemistry (Cancer Institute, Tokyo)
1996: Research fellow (International Agency for Research on Cancer, WHO)
1999: Assistant professor (Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, IMSUT)
2001: Associate Professor (Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, IMSUT)
2004: Project Professor (21st COE program, IMSUT)
2007: Professor (Division of Clinical Genome Research, IMSUT)
Graduate school: Cancer biology, Molecular biology, Genome science|
Institute hospital: Genome Medicine, Genetic CounselingAGenetic analysis
1. Analysis of signal transduction pathways associated with carcinogenesis (1999-2018):ref#1|
2. Identification and analysis of new molecules in the Wnt signaling pathway (1999-2018):ref#2
3. Generation of cancer model mice (2012-2018):ref#3
4. Genomic analyses of cancer including colorectal and biliary tract cancer (2010-2018):ref#4
5. Establishment of screening systems for the development of new anti-cancer drugs (2007-2018):ref#5
1jYamaguchi K, Rui Yamaguchi R, Takahashi N, Ikenoue T, Fujii T, Shinozaki M, Tsurita G, Hata K, Niida A, Imoto S, Miyano S, Nakamura Y, Furukawa Y. Overexpression of cohesion establishment factor DSCC1 through E2F in colorectal cancer. PLoS ONE, 9: e85750, 2014.
2jOhsugi T, Yamaguchi K, Zhu C, Ikenoue T, Furukawa Y. Decreased expression of Interferon-induced protein 2 (IFIT2) by Wnt/À-catenin signaling confers anti-apoptotic properties to colorectal cancer cells. Oncotarget 8(59):100176-100186, 2017.
3) Ikenoue T, Terakado Y, Nakagawa H, Hikiba Y, Fujii T, Matsubara D, Noguchi R, Zhu C, Yamamoto K, Kudo Y, Asaoka Y, Yamaguchi K, Ijichi H, Tateishi K, Fukushima N, Maeda S, Koike K, Furukawa Y. A novel mouse model of intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma induced by liver-specific Kras activation and Pten deletion. Sci Rep, 6:23899, 2016.
4) Yamaguchi K, Nagayama S, Shimizu E, Komura M, Yamaguchi R, Shibuya T, Arai M, Hatakeyama S, Ikenoue T, Ueno M, Miyano S, Imoto S, Furukawa Y. Reduced expression of APC-1B but not APC-1A by the deletion of promoter 1B is responsible for familial adenomatous polyposis. Sci Rep, 6:26011, 2016.
5) Yamaguchi K, Zhu C, Ohsugi T, Yamaguchi Y, Ikenoue T, Furukawa Y. Bidirectional reporter assay using HAL promoter and TOPFLASH improves specificity in high-throughput screening of Wnt inhibitors. Biotechnol Bioeng. 114(12):2868-2882, 2017.
American Association of Cancer Research (AACR)|
Japanese Cancer Association (JCA)
The Japan Society of Human Genetics (JSHG)
Through the comprehensive understanding of genetic and epigenetic changes in cancer cells and that of signal transduction pathways, we aim to clarify how altered molecules and abrogated pathways are involved in carcinogenesis. We further challenge the clinical application of our findings in diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of tumors in collaboration with researchers in other field(s). |
|Messages to Students|
Young students and graduates have many choices including to be a company worker, start new business, and participate in scientific researches in graduate schools. If you enter graduate schools, you will enjoy scientific discoveries and elucidation of the puzzles together with your senior(s). Researchers have opportunities of discoveries and their publication, regardless of their impact,. New findings will be shared internationally by a wide range of scientists, and they become corner stones for new science. There are many unresolved issues in life science, and some of them are great and/or valuable treasures. Life is once. So, shall we go for the exciting adventure of science together? Your findings will be your footprints that will last forever and will be appreciated not only by other people in the world but also by your offspring.|