1989: B.Eng. in Polymer Chemistry, Tokyo Institute of Technology |
1991: M.Eng. in Polymer Chemistry, Tokyo Institute of Technology
1991-1995, 1999-2001: Researcher, Bridgestone Corporation
1999: Ph.D. in Materials Sci. & Eng., Cornell University
2001-2008: Senior Researcher, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology
2008-present: Associate Professor, Dept. of Advanced Materials Science, The University of Tokyo
We have been investigating the self-assembly of block copolymers and their applications. Block copolymer morphologies have the size scale larger than simple molecules but smaller than that achieved by typical top-down technologies. |
Diffusion of block copolymers 
Block copolymer thin films [2, 3, 4]
Surface segregation of block copolymers [5, 6]
Block copolymer template [7, 8, 9]
1) "Diffusion of Block Copolymers" Hideaki Yokoyama, Mater. Sci. Eng. R 53, 199-248 (2006).
2) "Graphoepitaxy of Spherical Domain Block Copolymer Films" R. A. Segalman, H. Yokoyama, and E. J. Kramer, Adv. Mater., 13, 1152-1155 (2001).
3) "Structure of Asymmetric Diblock Copolymers in Thin Films" H. Yokoyama, T. E. Mates, and E. J. Kramer, Macromolecules, 33, 1888 (2000).
4) "Aligning Single-Layer Cylinders of Block Copolymer Nanodomains using Soft Molding" L. Li and H. Yokoyama, Adv. Mater., 17, 1432-1436 (2005).
5) "Surface Segregation of Block Copolymers with a Water-Soluble Block" H. Yokoyama, T. Miyamae, S. Han, T. Ishizone, K. Tanaka, A. Takahara, and N. Torikai, Macromolecules, 38, 5180-5189 (2005).
6) "Spontaneously formed blood compatible surfaces on hydrophobic polymers: surface enrichment of a block copolymer with a water-soluble block" A. Oyane, T. Ishizone, M. Uchida, K. Furukawa,T. Ushida, and H. Yokoyama, Adv. Mater. 17, 2329 (2005).
7) "Facile Fabrication of Nanocellular Block Copolymer Thin Films using Supercritical Carbon Dioxide" L. Li, H. Yokoyama, K. Sugiyama, and T. Nemoto, Adv. Mater., 16, 1226-1229 (2004).
8) "Tunable Nanocellular Polymeric Monoliths using Fluorinated Block Copolymer Templates and Supercritical Carbon Dioxide" H. Yokoyama, L. Li, K. Sugiyama, and T. Nemoto, Adv. Mater., 16, 1542-1546 (2004).
9) "Nanoscale Silica Capsules Ordered on a Substrate: Oxidation of Nanocellular Thin Films of Poly(styrene-b-dimethylsiloxane)" L. Li and H. Yokoyama, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 45, 6338-6341 (2006).
Society of Polymer Science, Japan (SPSJ)|
American Physical Society (APS)
We will study structures and properties of self-assembled materials and find the way for industrial applications. |
|Messages to Students|
Soft matters are everywhere around you, including yourself. You are welcome to join us to enjoy this interdisciplinary field of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Materials.|